Nirmala Academic and Research Publications (NARP)
‘Publish or perish’ has become the axiom in higher education. Although the college had been publishing books, the need to coordinate the publication activities by constituting a Publication Division had been long felt. The research output of the different departments and the academic papers presented in the national and international seminars organized by the different departments of the college need to be published at regular intervals. Being an institution for higher education various departments are engaged in research activity. There are departments which are approved research centres where Ph.D. scholars are pursuing full time doctoral research. In addition to this there are research projects by the faculty and research scholars in the college.
Besides, there are prestigious endowment lectures in the college delivered by eminent scholars in various disciplines. The two existing endowment lectures are Msgr. Thomas Nedumkallel Endowment Lecture and Dr. Mathew Thottiyil Endowment Lecture. These lectures are being delivered every year by educationists, scientists, artists and architects. A publication division will see to the publication of such lectures, academic papers and books at regular intervals. Hence a Publication Division called ‘Nirmala Academic and Research Publications’ (NARP) was constituted in the Academic year 2002-03.
- To promote, encourage and foster research in the field of science, humanities and linguistics among academic community.
- To print, publish and circulate a peer reviewed biannual research journal “Science & Society” all over India and abroad.
- To print and publish the academic presentations of scholars in the state level and national level seminars organized by various faculties of the college.
- To print, publish and circulate the invited talks of Msgr. Thomas Nedumkallel and Dr. Mathew Thottiyil Endowment lectures.
- To socialise the research findings for the benefit of the society.
- To evaluate social issues, highlight environmental problems and promote development with human face.
- To motivate and stimulate the teachers and students for an indepth knowledge in their disciplines and encourage creativity.
NARP has an Advisory Board consisting of reputed scholars from India and abroad.
President - Rev. Dr. Vincent Nedungatt (Principal, Nirmala College)
Vice President - Prof. Jose Karikunnel (Vice Principal, Nirmala College)
Secretary - Dr. Mathachan Pathiyil (Dept. of Statistics, Nirmala College)
Joint Secretary - Dr. Viswanadhan C. (Dept. of Hindi, Nirmala College)
Treasurer - Prof. K. M. George (Dept. of Commerce, Nirmala College)
Managing Committee Members
Rev. Fr. Jose Pulparambil (Bursar, Nirmala College)
Chief Editor - ‘Science & Society’ - Dr. Johny Scaria (Dept. of Statistics, Nirmala College)
Download> Publications Catalogue
Advancement in Science and technology has improved the physical quality of human life and has come to dominate every sphere of human activity. At the same time development without virtues has been posing threat to humanity and challenges to its ethical foundations. "Science & Society" provides a solid forum to discuss developments in science and its impact on modern society. The journal analyses the implications of science policies, evaluates the environmental issues involved in the application of technology without human face and suggest alternatives. It also provides opportunity for academics to interact and evolve sustainable developmental strategies for a better society.
Advancement in Science and technology has improved the physical quality of human life and has come to dominate every sphere of human activity. At the same time development without virtues has been posing threat to humanity and challenges to its ethical foundations. ‘Science & Society’ provides a solid forum to discuss developments in science and its impact on modern society ‘Science & Society’ is a national journal with ISSN No.0973-0206. It is subscribed nationally and internationally by scholars, teachers, scientists and many libraries, universities and research centres. The Journala is abstracted/indexed in Indian Science Abstracts (ISA), website www.niscair.nic.in
The journal analyses the implications of science policies, evaluates the environmental issues involved in the application of technology without human face and suggests alternatives. It also provides opportunity for academics to interact and evolve sustainable developmental strategies for a better society.
- To evaluate the impact of development in science and technology on society.
- To awaken the elite and the academic community to the need for a shift of focus from science for development to science for life
- To assist the formulation of science policies and their consequences on the society.
- To evolve alternative approaches to development for a better society.
- To publish original research output in basic and applied sciences, humanities and linguistics
- A major section of the journal is dedicated to the publication of original research articles.
- Pages set apart for students who would like to publish research articles to foster research aptitude and creativity among them.
- Contributions in the form of commentary, news and views, review articles, short communications, and resource reviews.
Patron: Rt. Rev. Dr. George Punnakottil Bishop, Diocese of Kothamangalam
Managing Editor: Prof. N. Joy Principal, Nirmala College Muvattupuzha.
Chief Editor: Dr. Johny Scaria , Dept. of Statistics, Nirmala College Muvattupuzha.
Dr. Thomas Varghese Dept. of Physics, Dr. G. S. Gireeshkumar Dept. of Commerce & Lissi S. Plathottam Dept. of English
Soni Sebastian T., Dr. Marthakutty Joseph, Dr. T. M. Jacob, Dr. Sr. Tessy Joseph, Dr. Gigi K. Joseph, Jenni K. Alex, Dr. P. B. Sanish, Dr. C. Suja, Dr. Thomson Joseph & Shija Paul P.
Associate Managing Editors:
Rev. Dr. Vincent Nedungatt, Rev. Fr. Jose Pulparambil, Dr. Mathachan Pathiyil & Jose Augustine
|Annual Subscription Rates
Payment (DD/MO) should be made in favour of The Managing Editor, Science and Society payable at Muvattupuzha.
- Full page B/W ( 14 cmx19.5 cm) Rs 5000.00
- Half page page B/W ( 14 cmx 9.5 cm) Rs 3000.00
For details and order form contact : The Managing Editor, Science and Society .
Address for correspondence:
The Chief Editor, Science and Society,
Nirmala College, Muvattupuzha P.O,
Ernakulam Dist, Kerala, India.
PIN-686 661.Tel: +91 485-2832361, 2834689
Fax: +91 485 2836300. E-mail : email@example.com
“Back issues are available at subsidized rate”. Order now !
Subscription /Renewal Order Forms
Guidelines for contributors
Contents of previous 18 issues
Download>College Magazine e-Copy
'Nirmala Digest'- News Bulletin
Manuscript magazines under the auspices of each subject association are one of the regular creative activities of our students. Manuscript Magazines are kept in the Library for reference.